Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Things to look forward in Oz No.1

I'm moving to, officially, the fattest country in the world. I'm looking forward to putting my investigative journalism skills to the test by uncovering some of the reasons behind this phenomenon. Hey, I've already started, look what I found: The Bogan Burger! If you don't know what a Bogan is - check out this site dedicated to their ilk (they're sort out like the Aussie version of karavaankinders or someone from Hobhouse or Boksburg). Anyways, the Bogan Burger is "a big Turkish bread roll stuffed with a steak, a chicken schnitzel, a potato cake, bacon, egg, cheese, onion, pineapple and beetroot and stands 13cm high". I'm getting more excited about moving every day. This is going to be great!

6 comments:

sarah said...

You're moving to oz?????? Why why why?

Helen said...

Why on earth are you moving there? And that burger looks HORRIBLE! and not even in a good way!

po said...

Weird, I thought the US was the fattest country in the world!

henno said...

Haha, I love the horror! I'm off to Oz coz my girlfriend's an Aussie and we're gonna spend some time with her folks in Brisbane. Po - the US used to be, until the Land Down Under came along with innovative dishes like the Bogan Burger and belly-flopped them out of 1st place!

SA Expats said...

Sorry, finally linked your blog. I'm sorry it took so long.

Oz hey? I'm also thinking about Oz. The only problem is all the Australians. :)

Henno said...

Haha, cheers!