Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Goodbye World Cup

Wow, what a grand tournament it was, it's a pity I have to get back to the mundane side of life and post about normal things - not that anything is very normal here in Vietnam.

It's a pity the World Cup won't be remembered for the emergence of great young talent like Lukas Podolski, Bastian Schweinsteiger (doesn't that translate to "pig shagger" in English?) and Fabio Grosso or for the graceful retirement from international football for the likes of Fabien "the monk" Barthez ot Luis Figo.

Instead it will be remembered for the ignorant and selfish actions of Zidane - what a man he used to be. I mean come on, I'm sure people get called all kinds of things that are worse than an "Algerian terrorist", or having their mothers insulted or told: "Your wife was good last night". Big deal if he got cripple-nippled by the Italian defender. Has he never played football in England with Craig Bellamy or Robbie Savage before??! I guess he hasn't...

Secondly, if you're going to pull a Cantona, do it properly man - at least headbutt him on the nose, not in the tum! Oh well, whatever, nevermind, as my cousin Kurt always said. He also said it's better to burn out than to fade away. I think Zizu sort of spluttered like a wet candle and then "poof", disappeared down the tunnel in a wisp of smoke, but that's just my opinion. Kudos to the Azzurri, they probably deserved to win.

Goodbye World Cup. Goodbye second place in the Fantasy League. Well done Alan, sorry Justin and Rik. The screen shot will follow tonight.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Caz se blok maak my bang!

Anonymous said...

Is blok the afrikaans word for blog? that's so funny!Long live the dutch

henno said...

Naah I don't think so, it can't be, well...at least I don't think so. That is strange. Anyways, sorry guys I've been trying to put the photos up but the damn thing is giving me trouble. I shall persevere.

Anonymous said...

Loesil, jy moet op Caz se eie blokkol "blogspot" kommentaar lewer oor dit. Maar ja...dis vreesaanjaend!

Anonymous said...

Dit is seker nie regte-egte Afrikaans nie, Spazm!Maar tussen my en Alet sal 'n nuwe elektroniese dagboek-taal geskep word!
Henno - ek wag nog vir jou reaksie op die has-been-bride se blokkol?
Sorry Caz, really excited for you...but it is a field that I don't know anything about! But maybe there is some educational value - amateurs soos ek en Delanie kan voorberei word vir die onbekende!Dankie daarvoor!
En alet - ek probeer 'n inter-blokkol-gesprek op die been bring! Ek is seker Mullet het ook al bridesmaid-to-be besoek ná die aantekening.

Anonymous said...

damn right I did! It was really scary though... Not my cup of bridesmaid-to-be

henno said...

Haha, blokkol - dis 'n killer woord nie net oor die myriad rympies wat ek daar meer kan maak nie! Bridesmaid-to-be? Hehe, ek is net so in die duister oor die getroude lewe - ek weet blokkol daarvan af! Spaz - very interesting nonetheless ;) When I figure out how my links work on my blog, you'll be the first in my book.